Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Rig

So today Brock took some pictures and sent them to me that he took of his new job. A lot of people don't really understand exactly what it is he does on the oil rig (I'm talking about myself here) so I thought I'd post some pictures and you all can see.

This first picture is of the sunrise on Brock's way to work.

From what he's told me, he goes way up on that scary platform 60 some feet high and works pulling out and putting in giant poles while the entire thing is shaking and the poles are moving up and down very fast. In addition he hangs out at a 45 degree angle in order to do this.
This is the rig at sunset after a full day of work.
He said these are a couple of the poles together that he typically has to work with. I am not very good at explaining what he does up there but its a lot of hard, dangerous work and a lot of long days.




No comments:

Post a Comment