




On September 18th, my little girl turned five years old. I cant believe it. So I took some cupcakes to her class where they brought her up front and sang to her. She was really excited about it all and then on Saturday we had a big pool party for her. A bunch of her friends came, and a bunch of ours too. It was so good to see everyone there. Thank you all who sent/brought gifts. She made out like a bandit. Brock bbq'd most of the evening and there were two cakes. okay, well the story of the cakes...i know ya'll are gonna hear it anyway so i might as well just put it out there. I was trying to have my super mother of the year moment by making kaylie a double layer chocolate cake with strawberry filling. I bought everything i needed and before i even started i was anxious about this. i dont know how many of you know about my cooking skills but yeah, i dont have any. SO, i baked the two cakes only to discover they are different size cake pans. Then i realize i ran out of strawberry spread so i make a frantic call to marcia to pick some up for me. (thanks M!) So after the cakes cool i cut, shape, spread and stick them together and start frosting. The cakes were nice and cool, the house however was not. So the frosting was melting off the cake all over the sides. I tried to freeze some and then add it and it just ended up looking like a terrible mess. Determined, i try to quickly make the little pink border and write her name and it was legible but not very pretty. by the time im done, i dont care. the stupid cake was done. So i go to put it away and my super mom moment turns into a "Grace" moment. (that is my dad's nickname for me since im clumsy). I drop the entire cake all over the fridge and counter, trying to catch it with my hand. I then throw the remains of it onto the counter and storm out to the store in a fit of rage and buy a tinker bell cake. I hereby promise to never never attempt to make another birthday cake as long as I live!
All in all, Kaylie's birthday was a success and she had a great time with new and old friends. Happy birthday Kaylie, you are growing up to be quite a little girl. I love you so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment