So the last week has been crazy busy. As you all know, Grandpa Mike and great Grandma Dorothy flew to Las Vegas to visit us. It was so fun having them all here and the kids loved all the extra attention. We were so glad they were able to make it out. Last Monday, Grandpa Mike and Grandma marcia took Kade to Ft. collins for a few days and them Marcia and Grandma pat will meet us in Jacksonville on thursday. I miss my Kaders so much but I guess they've been enjoying him out there. Also my sister Machelle and her daughter Lilly came to visit and they will be staying here at the house with Kaylie and Kyrstin while Brock and I go on vacation to Jacksonville, FL. The girls have loved having Lilly around and they've all been playing really well together. Yesterday I promised Kaylie that since I couldnt bring her to work with me the day before (she doesnt understand why she cant come with me on my flights) I would take them all to the sprinkler park in henderson, well we got there and the kids had no desire at all (after driving 25 minutes) to go in the water so they ran around at the regular park for awhile instead. On the way home, the girls were looking out the sun roof at the clouds and trying to decide their shape. They saw all kinds of things but my favorite was when Kyrstin said she saw a "crapodile". Then we got home and had some friends, Cliff and Diedra and Zacky come over. I had the brilliant idea (and craving) to make potato soup that was cooked all day. I've never made potato soup and those of you that know me, know I can not cook. but i sure try! anyway i slaved over 15 different recipes and finally came up with 12 lbs of potato soup with bacon in it. It would have been perfect except the bacon i put in was smoked and my sister said to pour the bacon grease in for flavor...it tasted the smokey potatoes. it was terrible. thankfully brock loves potatoes in any form so he enjoyed it. i'll have to pay better attention to what kind of bacon i put in next time. Anyway we played some hand and foot and foot but we played singles (sorry for those of you who dont know the game, ask us and we will teach you!). Well, we all know that Brock has a...shall we say, competitive side. And the night before my sister smoked him so he was determined to win again. Unfortunately we only got through 3 rounds but Machelle beat us all terribly. in fact i had a negative amount of points. so anyway the girls have been having fun with their cousin and Brock and I have been counting down the hours to when we get to start our vacation. I am leaving tomorrow morning, hopefully, and Brock's flight is in the afternoon. we should both get to Florida by tomorrow evening and I will have pictures posted of the beautiful beach and also Steph's graduation party that weekend too.
This is Keaton holding Kade and rocking him to sleep. I thought it was so cute i had to post it. I miss him so much but at least i know he is in good hands.
This is Keaton holding Kade and rocking him to sleep. I thought it was so cute i had to post it. I miss him so much but at least i know he is in good hands.If I understood correctly this was a little baby crib that Brock's grandpa made and Kade is the first great grandson to be in it. It is very special to Marcia and Mary, and special because Kade was named after his Great Grandpa too.
Tummy time. I swear he will be crawling around by the time i see him in a few days. At least i can see he is enjoying Colorado. Its beautiful and he gets to play outside.



No comments:
Post a Comment