Saturday, November 13, 2010

All in all...

Wow, i realize its been awhile since I posted anything. Its insane around here as always. I have been working full time again flying all over the place and this month I even ended up doing a couple over night trips. Work is going well though and I am very happy to be back.
The kids are doing great. In school I've been teaching Kaylie and Kyrstin how to read and its been so rewarding. They've already read a few books and they are very proud of themselves and their hard work. Its been a bumpy road for sure. And they are using their newfound reading skills. The other night I came out into the living room to find them sitting in our lazboy chair with a cooked bag of popcorn. Well I didnt get their popcorn and they havent ever used the microwave because it is attatched to the cupboard up a bit high for their reach. Well they climbed up and put the bag of popcorn in and then they found the popcorn button! They were so proud that they found it by reading the buttons and finding the word "popcorn". It was awesome to see them so happy.
Kade is doing well, being Kade. He is definately a two year old. He gets into things constantly and its always pushing boundaries. Recently he has been throwing screaming tantrums and throwing himself on the floor unless he gets what he wants. Well it didnt take me putting him in time out too many times to realize it just wasnt working out for him. So the other morning while I was feeding Kalista he came up to me and screamed that he wanted his cup of milk and when I said, just a minute, he started to get really upset. but then he stopped himself, looked at me with a determined face and then reached up and said "kiss" so I leaned in to get a kiss on the cheek and he then held my face with his two little hands and said, "cup Pleeeeaase". I of course had to get his cup right away for such good behavior. We are still working on potty training. Its a work in progress.
Kalista is growing like crazy, already too big for many of her clothes. She started eating solid foods this week and she eats like a champ. she is also sleeping through most of the night which is a huge plus for mommy. Overall since we discovered her allergy to dairy, she has been an incredibly happy baby and lots of fun.
Brock has been working like crazy at Wal-mart and painting a couple houses. He is putting in a ton of hours this last couple of weeks in order to get the paint jobs completed before the holidays.
All in all we have been doing pretty good, keeping busy and working like fools. We are excited for the holidays this year and what the next year might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment