As most of you know, Brock came home finally. It is so nice to have my husband back! One of the deciding factors was that he came down with Shingles, which is a very painful viral infection that requires a lot of pain meds. No surprise that he wouldnt be allowed to operate heavy machinery on the oil rig while taking a month's worth of pain medications. So I told him to just come home, get better and we will go from there. Its been a few weeks and he is doing much better now, the shingles are about gone.
Kaylie started spring break this week. we've been having fun playing and working outside a lot as the weather in Vegas has been perfect. Kade had his cast taken off the 17th and is doing much better as well. Its so nice to not have to worry about him breaking his fingers on it or hitting anyone with it again. They said he would take it easy on his arm the first couple of days because it would be tender but right after we got home he was barrel rolling off the couch already.



He is learning how to talk more and more though he still likes to communicate to us by pointing and screeching. I can't wait for him to talk so we dont have to listen to him yell at us. Otherwise he is the happy child he's always been, but also always a handful.
I was told by Kaylie's teacher that she is doing really well in school now, though she has missed a lot due to being sick or her asthma. Though she is the head of her class and paying attention better Im still not satisfied with her education as a whole. there are 36 kids in her class now and I just found out they will be cutting 500 more teachers by April. Its so crazy. So I have been looking into doing an online charter school for Kaylie. The curriculum is more kinesthetic and advanced and I think she will get a lot more out of it. I may do it with Kyrstin too so they can do it together. The state provides all the supplies, computer, printer, textbooks, pretty much everything and its completely tuition free. And as for the social concern, the parents involved in virtual academy do a lot of social activities and field trips for all the kids to be able to participate. I am really leaning toward doing this though it will take a lot of time and discipline on my end.
The pregnancy is going really well. I am about 5 1/2 months, and we found out we are having a girl. Both of us are exciting to bring our daughter into the world. I've been feeling good and I havent had any concerns about the pregnancy. I am not flying right now, allegiant gave me a temporary position at their corporate head quarters 20 hours a week and I've been helping out in the coffeeshop some as well. Its been really nice to spend the time with Marcia, we are having a good time of it.
I recently registered Kyrstin and Kade for this Child's Play indoor play area that has huge jungle gyms, a basket ball court, a toddler area for Kade, projector games, slides and then some. Kyrstin loves this place and she has made some friends that go there. the cool thing is too that they hold little dance classes, art classes, karate and lots of other things like story time. Its clear on the other end of town but so far its been worth it to have a place out of the scorching sun or crazy monsoon rain here in vegas.
Brock has had a few good interviews this week and things are falling into place for him as well. Hopefully he will have something by the end of this week, things are looking very positive.
The wedding is still on for September 25th, though I am procrastinating ALOT. Maybe I should be working on that instead of blogging but I know it will all come together. Speaking of weddings, we want to say congratulations to Scott and Kendra on their engagement. We are so happy for you!
So, though we've been super busy, things are going really well and coming together. I will post pictures of Brock's surprise party as soon as I can get them. He loved it.
Kaylie started spring break this week. we've been having fun playing and working outside a lot as the weather in Vegas has been perfect. Kade had his cast taken off the 17th and is doing much better as well. Its so nice to not have to worry about him breaking his fingers on it or hitting anyone with it again. They said he would take it easy on his arm the first couple of days because it would be tender but right after we got home he was barrel rolling off the couch already.



He is learning how to talk more and more though he still likes to communicate to us by pointing and screeching. I can't wait for him to talk so we dont have to listen to him yell at us. Otherwise he is the happy child he's always been, but also always a handful.
I was told by Kaylie's teacher that she is doing really well in school now, though she has missed a lot due to being sick or her asthma. Though she is the head of her class and paying attention better Im still not satisfied with her education as a whole. there are 36 kids in her class now and I just found out they will be cutting 500 more teachers by April. Its so crazy. So I have been looking into doing an online charter school for Kaylie. The curriculum is more kinesthetic and advanced and I think she will get a lot more out of it. I may do it with Kyrstin too so they can do it together. The state provides all the supplies, computer, printer, textbooks, pretty much everything and its completely tuition free. And as for the social concern, the parents involved in virtual academy do a lot of social activities and field trips for all the kids to be able to participate. I am really leaning toward doing this though it will take a lot of time and discipline on my end.
The pregnancy is going really well. I am about 5 1/2 months, and we found out we are having a girl. Both of us are exciting to bring our daughter into the world. I've been feeling good and I havent had any concerns about the pregnancy. I am not flying right now, allegiant gave me a temporary position at their corporate head quarters 20 hours a week and I've been helping out in the coffeeshop some as well. Its been really nice to spend the time with Marcia, we are having a good time of it.
I recently registered Kyrstin and Kade for this Child's Play indoor play area that has huge jungle gyms, a basket ball court, a toddler area for Kade, projector games, slides and then some. Kyrstin loves this place and she has made some friends that go there. the cool thing is too that they hold little dance classes, art classes, karate and lots of other things like story time. Its clear on the other end of town but so far its been worth it to have a place out of the scorching sun or crazy monsoon rain here in vegas.
Brock has had a few good interviews this week and things are falling into place for him as well. Hopefully he will have something by the end of this week, things are looking very positive.
The wedding is still on for September 25th, though I am procrastinating ALOT. Maybe I should be working on that instead of blogging but I know it will all come together. Speaking of weddings, we want to say congratulations to Scott and Kendra on their engagement. We are so happy for you!
So, though we've been super busy, things are going really well and coming together. I will post pictures of Brock's surprise party as soon as I can get them. He loved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment